Kitchen Remodeling Design Ideas from master construction and renovation specialists Remodel STL in Saint louis Missouri. Get inspiration on your kitchen remodeling project from local saint Louis kitchen renovations and more kitchen design ideas, photos and videos.
Kitchen Remodeling Design Ideas In Saint Louis, Missouri
Kitchen Remodeling Design Ideas from St Louis based construction expert Remodel STL who masterfully craft custom kitchens using cabinets, countertops, fixtures. To start this easy process, simply set up a quote here, or call a friendly kitchen remodeling design idea expert at 314-329-0001
Kitchens can basically be conformed to a few common kitchen types, commonly characterized by the arrangement of the kitchen cabinets and sink, stove, and refrigerator:
- A single-file kitchen (also known as a one-way galley or a straight-line kitchen has all of these along one wall; the work triangle degenerates to a line. This is not optimal, but often the only solution if space is restricted. This may be common in an attic space that is being converted into a living space, or a studio apartment.
- The double-file kitchen (or two-way galley) has two rows of cabinets at opposite walls, one containing the stove and the sink, the other the refrigerator. This is the classical work kitchen and makes efficient use of space.
- In the L-kitchen, the cabinets occupy two adjacent walls. Again, the work triangle is preserved, and there may even be space for an additional table at a third wall, provided it does not intersect the triangle.
- A U-kitchen has cabinets along three walls, typically with the sink at the base of the "U". This is a typical work kitchen, too, unless the two other cabinet rows are short enough to place a table at the fourth wall.
- A G-kitchen has cabinets along three walls, like the U-kitchen, and also a partial fourth wall, often with a double basin sink at the corner of the G shape. The G-kitchen provides additional work and storage space, and can support two work triangles. A modified version of the G-kitchen is the double-L, which splits the G into two L-shaped components, essentially adding a smaller L-shaped island or peninsula to the L-kitchen.
- The block kitchen (or island) is a more recent development, typically found in open kitchens. Here, the stove or both the stove and the sink are placed where an L or U kitchen would have a table, in a free-standing "island", separated from the other cabinets. In a closed room, this does not make much sense, but in an open kitchen, it makes the stove accessible from all sides such that two persons can cook together, and allows for contact with guests or the rest of the family, since the cook does not face the wall any more. Additionally, the kitchen island's counter-top can function as an overflow-surface for serving buffet style meals or sitting down to eat breakfast and snacks.
Remodel STL Services: Kitchen Remodeling Design Ideas, Kitchen Remodeling Design, Kitchen Remodeling Ideas, Kitchen Remodeling pictures, Kitchen Remodeling Design st louis, Kitchen Remodeling Ideas st louis, kitchen ideas, kitchen design, st louis design, st louis kitchen, kitchen ideas,