Painter Focused Skilled Craftsmen- Focused on painting & drywall but skillful in the fields of carpentry, building mechanics, building maintenance & client relations.
· Task & Trade Focuses- Major focuses
· Skilled painter
· Talented drywall finished
· Able to resurface and deal with a range of materials
· Looking for innovation & someone willing to bring new ideas
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
· Assisting Other Craftsmen
· Excel at the tasks described on Skilled Laborer Expectations document
· Movement of supplies
· Update and improve client properties to increase return on investment
· Competent on ladders & with heights (2-3 stories)
· Competent with scaffolding
· Curious & respectful
· Team Leader
· Task & Trade Auxiliaries- Assistance focus
o Develop Basic skills described in Skilled Craftsmen Expectations section
o Loading & unloading of materials/waste
o Cleaning of job-sites and RE property
o Distribution of supplies to job sites
o Enforce Remodel STL rules and regulations
· Skilled Craftsmen Expectations- All skilled labors are expected to have a knowledge of
o Drywall- Installation, Demo, Finishing
o Painting- Cutting, prep, cleanup, application and design
o Flooring Assist- Prepping, cutting, measuring, refinishing, painting, staining, installation (Training provided)
o Cutting- Taking measurements both in person and via communications and creating a accurate product efficiently
· (Assist) Laborer Expectations- All labors are expected to have a knowledge of
o Demo- Safely and efficiently removed existing materials preparing job sites for new construction
o Measuring- Be able to take and record accurate measurements of various objects & spaces
o Job Site Prep- Tape, tarb and prepare job sites for construction
o Job Site Clean-Up- Clean up job sites, units and areas including broom, hand, by powerwasher, mechanically and with chemicals if required
o Basic Fixture Installation- Installation of basic fixtures including light switch plates, door knobs, shower heads and other common household fixtures
o Transportation & Distribution of Materials- Loading & unloading trucks, trailers, containers, pallets and other methods of material movement. To physically & mechanically retrieve, dispatch and transport materials.
· Coding & Safety- Ensure your crew is adhering to your intimate knowledge of safety and code related issues. Ensure all building and construction related activities are to governmental standards.
· Travel- All site type employees are expected to have a dedicated method of transportation. You will be expected to travel around the metro area to RE holdings, suppliers, trade shows and various marketing opportunities.
· Communications- Client interactions conducted with confidence, knowledge and friendliness.
o All laborers must have access to Internet enabled phone
o Ground interaction with systems and contractors
o Creation of permitting related data
o Creation of supplies lists for projects
o Communication with tenants, clients, labor and contractors through phone, digital, notice and in person.
· Innovation- Will be expected to bring innovation to their profession.
o Always explore ways to bring efficiency & minimize overhead of labor force
o Always explore ways to bring efficiency & minimize overhead of the supply chain
· Qualifications- Basic qualifications for every Remodel STL employee
o Willingness to complete a task efficiently and thoroughly
o Advanced critical thinking
o Basic verbal/written skills
o Strong, must lift heavy amounts
o Skilled in various areas of the construction industry
· Education, Training & Expectations- Employee is expected to be receptive to both provided and seek furthering education on their own
o Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Must pass a number of background checks to work on corporate and end client projects. Must be able to pass drug test on request. Must pass basic education course on construction and be approved on site by your peers.